Monday, February 13, 2012

Third Ward: Moving Forward

Here are four more photos selected from last Saturday's shoot in the Third Ward. The first is a black and white of a rotating bridge down on the river, leading into Lake Michigan. I haven't seen many of these before, none in real life and thought that it was an interesting subject. Judging by the shape it was in, I doubt it was any longer in use. The second shot is pretty simple. I am at the bottom of a flag pole here and looking up. It was windy that day, but no flags were flapping on this deserted rope.

The third was one of my favorites from the shoot. I love vintage signage, and when I find it, I have to take a photo. I love the contrast of the strong red in the lettering compared to the peach color of the building. Lastly, the colorful photo on the bottom was taken at a shipping hub at what is now Milwaukee Blacksmith Company.

Thanks for checking in, and stay tuned. More to come soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment