Monday, January 30, 2012

Riverwest

We were blessed with a few sunny days this January and I thought I better capture a few of them before the gray skies of Wisconsin winters returned. Here are a few shots from the Riverwest neighborhood in Milwaukee. Many people have an altered view of Riverwest based on only what they hear, while not actually visiting. I was pleasantly surprised with the warm feeling that came over me while shooting there. I captured something that wouldn't have happened if I wasn't in the right place at the right time. I was driving through and came to a stop sign. As I looked both ways, I saw 'never alone' written on the side of a brick building. This was interesting to me so I turned around the car, parked it and started taking a couple pictures. Not a minute passed before a father walked into my viewfinder beside his daughter while carrying her back pack after school. It was a great shot and had me laughing out loud in disbelief while taking this photo. I guess it just shows that if you are out there enough with your equipment, something great is bound to happen.  





No comments:

Post a Comment